Monday, May 28, 2012

Wish Raises The Roof

On Thursday, I attended a preview of Wish Clothing's Raise The Roof and Nowhere Else, winter ranges for that super savy fashionista on a budget. The preview was held at Hub Melbourne, a collaboration-friendly space where corporates, graphic designers and interior designer types converge. I'd read about these types of communal work spaces and after spending a couple of hours in this creative environment, highly recommend becoming a member of this community.

Much of the day was spent talking animal print, fabrics, fur and which pieces worked well with what with some of Melbourne's most talented bloggers. The Wish team, who have to be the most down-to-earth and lovable PR people I've ever met, really encouraged everyone to try on the different pieces and ask questions. My blogger family Estelle La Mode and Mirandas Inside Scoop, also attended so it was an afternoon full of endless chatter and laughter.  
  Esther (one half of Estelle La Mode), Miranda of Miranda's Inside Scoop, 
Rachel (the other Half of Estelle La Mode) and yours truly

I've got my eye on a pair of shoes I'm convinced will make stop traffic for years to come so I'm trying to be very financially disciplined at the moment. Fortunately and unfortunately, the preview came along, I tried on a number of pieces that caught my eye and now their images are up on the vision board. I never thought I'd consider purchasing anything fur but after the previewing bits and pieces of these winter ranges, I certainly am tempted to. My fur fashion adventure would have to start with the Vintry Fur Vest.
Vintry Fur Vest 
What also caught my eye?
Peep Toe necklace worn by Melbourne stylist Lana Wilkinson
I had to meet some ultra-conservatives that could change my life after the preview so wore a simple black dress, animal print pumps and earrings with a little 'pizazz'. I do love an inexpensive pair of earrings that don't look cheap and that work well for both day and night 
xxx


1 comment:

  1. owww, the blogging familiy! can't wait till fashion tq

    ReplyDelete