Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cherry Legs

My mobile phone barely three weeks old has died and I'm really annoyed because I've lost all my contacts, photos and notes. They're gone! Mr Sony Xperia's death and then a roughish day meant a trip to Brunswick, an inner city neighbourhood yuppies have coined onto, for a kebab to perk up. Yes I heart kebabs but only from one establishment called Tiba's on Sydney Road. While others sulk, drink or shop their worries away, I almost always walk out niggling issues to this multicultural neighbourhood with a True Love magazine tucked under my arm for one. Only a lamb kebab with extra pickles and a small tub of tabouli for later could've cheered me up. Funny how my precious contacts, photos and style notes all became mush as I took my first bite. 

I'd planned to come straight home, dissect what Giovanna Battaglia, a demi fashion goddess, is wearing in all of Scott Schumann's shots on The Sartorialist and research new developments in the marketplace. Had planned to brush up on my product knowledge because while many of you think I know a lot about fashion, the truth is I know only a slither about the industry. There's always new designer. There's always a new retailer. There's always a slightly different cut and an increased use of new fabrics. What's comforting is that even the greatest creative forces never stop learning. 

Thought I'd unload some of my Tuesday drama, confess that I heart kebabs and share what I wore today.

 Coat - DVF
Top - Dotti
Skirt - ZARA
Scarf - Hermes
Bag - Louis Vuitton
Tights - Columbine 
Shoes - Yves Saint Laurent
Jewellery - Hikari Earrings + Swatch watch + 
Georg Jensen and BVLGARI rings
*Pssssst----> nail colour is OPI  Charged Up Cherry

I can't keep up with Melbourne's changing temperatures so I've decided that wearing lightweight coloured opaques might just be the way to go. Thought I'd wear them today with a basic top, yet another pleated skirt from ZARA, a coat I almost wrestled someone for in an underground sample sale and YSL booties I spent weeks hunting down. These booties had me calling stalking a Korean friend who I needed to call a store in Seoul for my size and staying up at odd hours waiting for retailers around the world to commence trading. I finally found the booties and only because of them, I know world time zones.

How about you? Have you ever had your eye on a particular item you moved heaven and earth to find?  Do share in the comments or on Twitter if you tweet!

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Looking amazing dear! a kebab always solves the problem ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. Yes a kebab always does *cheeky grin*

      Delete
  2. I love the whole look ; especially the scarf. You make wearing red tights look sooooo easy. One day when I grow up I will too lol.

    Hope you get an Android phone they are way more dependable .Samsung Galaxy x2.....LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chimoko! The scarf is of George Lilanga's artwork and comes in so many different colours. When I grow up I will buy them all! Tights wise ---> be bold and just do it! I get funny looks all the time but then I put on my Nas voice and say "Yeah I made you look"

      Delete
  3. I can totally imagine you wrestling some girl for that coat, it's so cute!

    Xx Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fallen in love with those shoes!!! I dont mind learning about the different time zones of the world too if thats what it takes to earn a pair... Indeed u make red tights look sooo easy to wear!!! I love yo hype and some of your confidence is definitely rubbin on me. I be donning me some navy tights tomorrow. Keep at it girl...

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete