Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sweet Sunday

Sunday I went to a belated Africa Day lunch hosted by friends who I suspect just called it that to ensure every African they knew would accept the invitation and actually turn up on time. It was a rather interesting affair and I'm glad I went. 

After reflecting on last Thursday's chit chat about wearing African inspired prints or garments to African events with my fashion blogger family, I decided to keep my Sunday lunch look super simple pairing jeans, a racerback and heels with a leather jacket from Mupedzanhamo, Harare's equivalent of Accra's Kantamanto or Nairobi's Gikomba Market. I started going there in my last years of high school with a childhood friend before clothing there became somewhat pricey by second hand clothing standards. Fixated on finding something special, we'd spend an entire day there going through mountains of clothes instead of studying much to my mother's dismay. If I'd put half the effort I put into scouring for clothes into my studies I'd would've won a full scholarship to Oxford. 

I meant to go to Mupedzanhamo this last trip home but had so much much to do and when I did have a bit of free time, I couldn't be bothered braving the crowds and playing Spot The Pickpocket. Thought I might share my Mupedzanhamo treasure and Sunday's outfit with you. 

 Jacket - Mupedzanhamo Market 
Racerback - Target
Jeans - Adriano Goldschmied
Scarf - Shanghai market
Belt - Scanlan and Theodore
Shoes - Prada
Jewellery - Forever bracelet + vintage 
Chanel earrings +BVLGARI ring
   
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the scarf worn as a turban.

    Xx Rachel

    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the 2nd pic from the top. happy snap! glad u decided not to go 'tribal' for this affair ;p xx

    ReplyDelete