Monday, April 23, 2012

I Heart Taxi Earrings

Having what I'd like to think are serious computer issues and waiting for a tech savvy friend to call back about where Saturday's post entitled Viva Celine! could've disappeared to. Its gone and I'm on the verge of having one of my classic meltdowns. A meltdown that involves a dinner fit for a king or a childless Miss Independent with credit, a pricey pair of shoes, a case of wine and tissue. I'd rather be down in the dumps with bloodshot eyes munching on a Wagyu beef knowing that a pair of Bawse Lady pumps and wine are on their way. 


While deleting photos on my camera earlier, I came across images of random things pinned to my vision board and things that have caught my eye over the last few days. Little things and places of significance that have me squealing with glee, seeking out new underground spots, researching homewares and listening to all kinds of sounds. Thought I'd share the only decent photos of what I wore to yesterday's not-so-boozy brunch and things that inspire and influence my fashion style. 

I bought these earrings from a stall at HIFA, Harare Festival of the Arts, nearly two years ago. I love fine jewellery but feel like no Harry Winston, De Beers, Cartier or even BVLGARI piece has anything on my taxi earrings. I don't wear them often for fear of losing them but when I do they make my heart sing.
Knit - Country Road
Cargo pants - J Brand
Shoes - Jil Sander
Bag - Bottega Veneta
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Jewellery - EA Drew ring + HIFA stall earrings + 
bangles from a street vendor
Random inspirations...

 

I wonder what sort of things inspire you and your style. Do tell.

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love the taxi earrings! They are Zim made, simple, colourful, fun & made from recyclyable material. Whats not to love?

    I have been keeping this link forever showing West African Frescoes. I just think the design is amazing. I would love to do this when I own property. Have a backyard deck house where the outside hasthose dessigns and the inside has a morrocon theme. Friends can come over and laze about drinking wine & eating up a storm!

    http://africanarchitecture.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/african-frescoes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the link! Just been reading up on the Gurunsi women and how their abstract frescoes inspired the great Le Corbusier. I love the smoothness of the structures (homes + surrounding walls) with their imperfect patterns. I have a dream. That you will own a property sooner than you think and I will be there hungover as hell topping up drinks in the most beautiful caftan designed by a Zed/Zim duo. This life is so good - anything is possible:)

      Delete
  2. I amhappy each time I read something from you Angie. You a reminder that we can all look good without too much effort. I love the blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you giving me such positive feedback and am glad you like the blog! Thanks so much Chido. You've made my day *doing Katarina's tila*

      Delete
  3. Those sandals make me want to dance akomana! Those are quite simply amazing

    ReplyDelete