Friday, April 20, 2012

The Jacket That Gives Me Wings

I fell for Diane Von Furstenberg's Christianna Jacket the very day it was uploaded on Netaporter nearly a year ago but I, being a bargain hunter, decided to wait for it to go on sale. I tend not to follow trends and am not fussed if a designer or a print is deemed to be 'out' by the time I snap it up usually on sale. However, if a garment or accessory item shouts rather than speaks to me and I know the likelyhood of ever finding it is slim then I'll do the plunge. So while many of my friends discuss their man troubles, car leases, developments in wind energy and if Obama will see a second term - I sit there thinking So glad I no longer have a car as I stalk my timeless-with-a-twist pieces. After all, these are the purchases that still make sense years later.

I fell more in love with the jacket after seeing Chrisette Michelle, who I suspect had been styled by The Great June Ambrose, wearing it on Fashion Bomb Daily. Funny how an artist or personality (I loathe the term celebrity) can inspire a look, reaffirm the uniqueness of a product or completely destroy whatever love you had for that item or brand. Nene Leakes and a good number of Nollywood actresses have butchered brands I'd coveted season after season.

Woke up this morning ready to roll with my new foundation and new lippie. This is what I wore today.
 Jacket - Diane Von Furstenberg
Tank top - Supre
Jeans - AG Adriano Goldschmeid
Shoes - Celine
Sunglasses - Prada
Jewellery - EA Drew ring + Forever New earrings +
Georg Jensen watch + BVLGARI bracelets
Makeup
MAC Matchmaster Fluid Foundation
MAC Loose Powder
MAC Eyeshadows (Plum Dressing)
MAC Ruby Woo lipstick
MAC Russian Red Lipglass
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Illamasqua Blush
Dedicating this photo to everyone whose family members used to do poses like this back in the day.
I've seen several photos of my dad and his friends doing such. He cringes. I laugh. Little does he know I think he looks what I call 'hood handsome' and had the swagger men of today only dream of. 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Don't forget to follow me @HarareMbama on Twitter.

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love it. I am a big DVF fan. Please share when you find some of these pieces for a bargain or on sale. Thanks, MT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got my eye on a couple of DVF items and will share which online stores are on sale and deliver worldwide. Maybe email me your details dearest MT.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Your personal style shines so bright in every pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm toying with the idea of putting up images that never made each post at the end of every month. These are the less glamorous images that really give you an insight into my strange little world *cheeky grin*

      Delete
  3. I love that jacket, relevant for many seasons to come. The shoes, Lord help me, they are WOW! I love shoes and I absolutely love these

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving that jacket! too hot... honestly, all of your outfits are awesome. But my fave thing is the "no hair" style! You totally rock it! Will be stalking this blog for sure xoxo

    Thanks for the twitter follow, otherwise i'd hv never known abt this gem of a blog ;p

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that DVF jacket though... I have no words for it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The knee down pic looks so cute and so stylish!!!
    Im korean but u r my fashionista now!!
    Good work and carry on!!:)
    Himne!!!

    ReplyDelete