Friday, April 27, 2012

Baby Pink And The Basket

Thank The Universe, The Ancestors and the gods (+ goddesses) of all the different religions its Friday! I haven't had an overly stressful week but I can't wait to:
  • shave my head tomorrow morning
  • read all the weekend papers in bed
  • check out a culinary bookshop just a neighbourhood away
  • watch two films back-to-back at a nearby art house cinema  
  • kick back with a glass of wine in hand and listen to D'Angelo as my oxtail slow cooks
  • talk to my brother without interruption or having to dash off somewhere
  • start the search for a good-for-budget peplum top and the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans in an age-appropriate wash
  • research costs associated with attending Africa Fashion Week London (AFWL) this August and work out if going actually makes financial sense 
  • check out the five fashion and beauty Tumblrs everyone who's interested in fashion or beauty should know according to the Editor-in-Chief of Fashion Bomb Daily, a blog I religiously follow
Today, I'd agreed to meet my hairdresser friend for lunch in one of Melbourne's well-known food lane ways and when he changed venue, I suggested meeting on the steps of Parliament. This is what I wore today.  


More often than not, generally nice wholesome people forget when exactly they purchased a fashion item, the person who might've assisted them, the transaction itself and what other events took place on the same day that their purchase was made. I, on the other hand, remember every single detail as if there are prizes to be won for this sort of meaningless information. I remember the vendor who sold me my basket, the different colours and sizes that they came in and the tedious haggling that took place. He was stoned and I was broke. He got tired of my whining about the price and gave in. The basket, like the Taxi Earrings, makes my heart sing and I know I will never tire of it.

 Shirt - DVF
Pants - Vanessa Bruno
Basket - Vendor at Harare Festival Of The Arts (HIFA) 
Shoes - Anna Fiori
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Jewellery - Diva + EA Drew rings + Georg Jensen watch +  
bracelets from a Johannesburg market 

My next post features Amelia who I spotted in the street. Her outfit popped in the sea of grey and black and as she walked past I couldn't help but compliment her on how well-put-together she looked. Sweet Amelia doesn't know this but she is the sole reason I braved the ZARA after work rush in search of something bright and trans-seasonal.

Woza Friday!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment