Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Those Heels. That Shirt.

I've had an awesome Monday and had planned to top it off with solo dinner then a movie but was seated next to a couple with deep-seated relationship issues who killed my movie mojo. I decided to ditch watching Hysteria so here I am at home reflecting on a quick catchup with my man-eater friend and what I've been wearing over the last few days. I had an epic weekend that saw me out and about makeup free in full gym gear, sans the pedometer, avoiding the awkward stares. I thought I'd share what I wore before comfort took over.  

Thursday


Thursday's getup was my typical We're-Running-Late-Angie-So-Lets-Just-Pray-This-Works Outfit. I had a whole list of things I had to complete before I could kick back at one of my favourite spots, La Luna Bistro, but overslept and was frazzled the minute I got up. I just chucked on whatever I could find and teamed it all up with my most comfortable heels yet. Viva Julia Lundsten's FINSK shoes!

Top - Liquidation sale find
Jeans - Levi's
Parka - Vanessa Bruno 
Tote - Longchamp
Sunglasses - Sabre
Shoes - FINSK
Jewellery - Oxfam necklaces + Georg Jensen watch
Friday
So I finally got the shirt I'd been obsessing about for weeks! I had a sneaky suspicion that it would make it to the sale and then would be reduced even further so I waited patiently hoping no one would take a liking to it. A little birdie called me as soon as she'd heard the shirt amongst other items had been marked down even further so off I went to Marais with Junior Mafia on repeat. I'd clearly overdosed on Players Anthem and was spitting Biggie's lyrics doing hand gestures I mastered back in the day (thanks to BET) ready to do the plunge. The second I walked into Marais the staff knew exactly what I had come for - the shirt that everyone else had dismissed as 'too loud'. 
Top - Balenciaga
Jeans - Levi's
Shoes - Christian Louboutin
Jewellery - Chanel earrings, BVLGARI + 
EA Drew rings
My first thoughts were to wear the shirt with super skinny pants and a pair of cobalt peep toe slingbacks but I was going to the footy later that night so decided on something a little more easy chic. How would YOU wear the shirt?
xxx

5 comments:

  1. You are my new "friend in my head"!!! I just found and bookmarked your sight. FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bookmarking Harare Mbama. More fire coming soon-!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Shona Vixen. Spotted a girl with the biggest Wolford bag I've ever seen in my life yesterday and instantaneously thought of you my Wolford friend.

      Delete
  3. Bad gal ting xxxx Ton

    ReplyDelete