Monday, July 30, 2012

Jewellery Junkie

Tonight I'd planned to watch The Dark Knight Rises but the weather turned so I decided against braving the elements in the name of watching a mainstream movie. It's miserable outside but it's the perfect Sunday night to stay in with a loved one, wash down a home-cooked roast with a good bottle of red and snuggle on the couch watching the Olympics. 

Well there's no loved one, no home-cooked roast and certainly no good red in this apartment right now. Snuggles are hard to come by these days and I'm only interested in the Olympic track events *drool* so here I am eating popcorn for dinner, sipping on a dicy white and working on a new wardrobe for someone. I thought I'd take a break from the wardrobe plan and do a little post. It's been a while.

I have a new found love for costume jewellery after recently discovering Philippe Ferrandis, a French costume jewellery designer who has created accessories for luxury fashion houses including Chanel, Oscar de la Renta and Balmain amongst others. I've never been one to take a second look at high end costume jewellery until I tried on a number of pieces from his Spring/Summer 2012 Twiggy Collection. I thought I might share my favourite pieces and another great designer's creation which I wore on Friday. 
Friday 

I'd had a hell-ish week that saw me tip-toeing around my superiors, sticking Post-its of all the things I couldn't afford to forget to every imaginable surface, working back late and attempting to pacify a friend I've neglected with an apple tart. A fashion-related treat was definitely in order but first - lunch with my blogger family. This is what I wore.
Friday's look was another We're-Running-Late-Angie-So-Lets-Just-Pray-This-Works Outfit. I'd teamed the sweater dress with a pair of suede power pumps but knew it would rain so settled on boots. I do love statement earrings so wore my new favourite pair by one of Africa's children, South African-born Madrid-based Anton Heunis. 
 Trench  - Scanlan and Theodore
Dress - Paul Smith
Scarf - Beijing market
Hosiery - Target
Boots - Sergio Rossi
Bag - Louis Vuitton
Jewellery - Anton Heunis earrings + 
EA Drew ring + Swatch watch    
xxx 

2 comments:

  1. The swatch watch is a nice way to tie the outfit together, I think the Jewelry is a bit "loud" for my taste, but I can see how the right environment may allow for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Anton Heunis earrings! I covet them.

    Am finally getting around to seeing The Dark Knight tonight.

    ReplyDelete