Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Graffiti Girl

There's something about Brunswick's abandoned warehouses, random cafes whose owners don't seem to be in the cafe game for the money and industrial pockets where containers are unlawfully unloaded. There's something about Duckett Street, a street that graffiti artists flock to in gangs to showcase their work. There's something about good graffiti that always moves me.

I don't quite understand why the prospect of seeing it makes me giddy. I just don't understand why I take time off to scour parts of this inner city suburb looking for the dopest work. There's no point in me trying to figure it all out. I'm just going to share this art-form with you and hope you might see what I see. I hope it makes you smile, gasp and sometimes squeal with glee. I thought I'd share what I spotted a couple of day ago and re-visited today. I thought I'd also share what I wore.
The Outfit Of The Day (OOTD) is quite informal for midweek but I'd planned to watch Papillon, an old classic film starring Steve McQueen and Dunstan Hoffman, tonight so thought I'd keep it sassy with a polka dot blouse, some trusted skinnys and a pair of power pumps. I've recently re-discovered the power of my cleavage so a sheer-ish blouse was a must. Ladies, life is too short to keep it all covered before gravity has its wicked way. 
 Top - ZARA
Jeans - Dejour 
Bag - Chanel
Shoes - Gianvito Rossi
Sunglasses - House of Harlow
Jewellery - Hikari pearls studs + Swatch watch + 
BVLGARI ring + bracelets  
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment