Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wardrobe Essentials 101

At last Spring is here and to celebrate it's arrival, I spent my Sunday morning packing away knitwear and pulling out lighter-weight tops that I gave up on layering a couple of months ago. A number of fashionista friends are masters of layering different garments then teaming them up with bold accessories somehow making it work. I'd promised to swing by an acquaintance's birthday drinks before catching up with some Sydneysiders who are here for Melbourne Spring Fashion Week (MSFW) and thought I'd try my hand at playing The Layering Game. Two tops, one pair of skinny cobalt pants and an animal print turban later, I knew I looked like a Housewife Of Ghettoville and had to admit that my desired look wasn't working. I wasted no time in ironing a white shirt with a twist.

You see... every woman needs a classic white shirt in her wardrobe. Every woman needs another white shirt that's a little quirky for those off-duty days and casual date nights. Thought I'd share my tuxedo-inspired white shirt and the rest of my Sunday outfit with you.
Shirt - Paul Smith
Jeans - SABA
Shoes - Gianvito Rossi
Bag - YSL
Opticals - Alain Mikli
Jewellery - Sportsgirl cuff + earrings and bangles from 
Harare street vendors 

If there's one thing Carolina Herrera, a fashion icon, has taught me it's that a woman in a white shirt can do no wrong. It can be worn with anything however, confidence is key. Ladies get your day to day white shirt at Edgars, Truworths, Stuttafords, Country Road, ZARA, Massimo Dutti, Target, Gap, Banana Republic or whichever high-street retailer that you frequent. For those days you feel so good you just want to do The Butterfly or Beyonce's body roll in the street, put on a lippie that you love and simply pop your collar.
 xxx

PS - Please feel free to email me your white shirt enquiries at hararembama@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. i Love the shirt, i recently bought myself a high low dress. still havent worn it yet...dunno if i could pull it off. you look great babes... Ton xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white shirts - they go well with denim!Dress down Fridays - I just pair my jeans with a white shirt and heels and voila - dressed down but still chic! And I have a white shirt that I bought from M&S in the school uniform range - fits so well!

    ReplyDelete