Saturday, June 16, 2012

Guess Who's Back?

A thousand apologies for not posting for over a week. The blame lies with a brown bear who's had to work through a number of lunch breaks when most photographs are taken, impatient random street photographers and a temperamental camera. Yes blame yourself, other people and technology!

On Thursday, I caught up with my fashion blogger family for lunch and it was another day I was reminded that I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be friends with such down to earth women of colour who I share the same passion with. Women I can talk to about all sorts of things including what I've recently spotted on sale, what led me to shave my head nearly fifteen years ago and my latest fashion blogger related observations. I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world to even know them.

Friends and Harare Mbama followers brace yourself for non-fashion related stories of loved ones and incredible people I meet in my day to day life and along my fashion journey. There are so many amazing things that happen to me, I sometimes just have to tune out from the real world and reflect on what's going on in my own time. Just this past week I met Philip Corne, Chief Executive Officer of Louis Vuitton Australia, and we bonded over artworks in Paul Smith's newest store here in Melbourne. Forgetting who he was, I bid Monsieur Corne farewell like we were childhood friends who see each other only a few hours later at our local pub. There goes that glamour job! 


Back to Thursday - this is what I wore.
Jacket - ZARA
Singlet - Forever New
Jeans - Levi's (Wash code is 12501.01.61)
Belt - Hermes
Shoes - Chanel
Eyewear - Chanel 
Jewellery - Sportsgirl earrings ($4.95) + Swatch watch +
BVLGARI ring
I absolutely detest shopping for jeans particularly here in Australia where retailers are yet to understand that my curves are my weapons. Weapons people! I've always found it difficult to find jeans that fit well without any alterations that can take me from day to night so have been wearing Adriano Goldschmied Stilts for the longest. Desperate for change, I headed to a Levi's outlet where I snapped up two pairs of boyfriend jeans for $70. What a steal! 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You look fierce girl. Please send me the Hermes belt and the Chanel shoes #classic

    ReplyDelete