Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Meet Adewale

Feeling a tad bit overwhelmed with my personal shopping gig, writing a piece entitled "I Am Not My Louboutins" and the departure of a dear friend in early June. I find it very difficult to tell my closest ones, with the exception of my brother, how much they mean to me so its going to be hard saying goodbye. It's the end of long conversations and hours of people watching. There will be no more trips to ZARA to scan the new delivery, no one to play Spot The Tightest Outfit with me and no one to whinge about portion sizes at 'wanky' restaurants.
        
I'd hoped to spend some time with him on Sunday but Moo, being the social scene whore that he is, had other plans. Gutted, I did solo brunch at my spot and accepted an invitation to a late afternoon 'engagement'. This is what my alter ego, Adewale, wore on Sunday.
I've decided to experiment with new lip colours and thought I'd rock a new lippie and gloss from MAC. The lipstick is Up The Amp Amplified Creme Lipstick and the gloss is Narcissus Cremesheen Glass. Pop into a MAC store near you and try them along with any others. Do tell what great lippies you come across.
Jacket - Belstaff
Top - Ralph Lauren
Jeans - Levis
Shoes - Jil Sander
Newsboy cap - Ralph Lauren
Jewellery - EA Drew ring +
earrings from a Harare street vendor
Another hood pose dedicated to my parents who don't know that I also
look to them for fashion inspiration. One day soon I'll tell them about the 

blog and hopefully they'll understand their influence on my style and 
realise that they are in everything I see and do.

XXX

6 comments:

  1. Is that a 'subtle' flamingo pose I see?? hahaha That lipstick looks hot on you hun! So your alter ego is Naija...? I see, I see xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see more of Ade in the next couple of weeks. He likes the winter months. Since I've been following Candace @LDVBlog I've been experimenting more with my make-up. Without her I'd be wearing the same ol' discontinued YSL Number 6 gloss.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I lived in London for a bit and met a number of dapper-to-the-D Adewales. I love how most African names sound and their meanings.

      Delete
  3. Adewale looks cool!! I like!!
    Favorite Lippy of mine is Fresh Brew + cork lip liner - good for work/ when I just want the nude lips look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will hitting a MAC counter in a matter of hours to check out Fresh Brew + Cork. Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete