Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Special Part 1

This sounds a little nutty but I could've sworn that I came down with a cold on Friday which hung around Saturday then it disappeared over a boozy Sunday brunch-come-lunch. I spent all day Saturday indoors feeling quite sorry myself reading all my favourite publications and merely skimming through my not-so-favourite ones.

I'm still yet to find a fashion magazine that I can relate to as an African woman who hasn't been raised in The Diaspora. Still haven't found one that I simply can't live without. For those of you who read my second post on Cocamoda, I'm still dreaming of a Vogue Africa with a beauty editor who is knowledgeable about products for women of colour and who dares to touch on the notion of beauty. Still dreaming of well-researched and well-written articles on my continent's quiet achievers. Still dreaming of not overly photoshopped images of lesser known fresh-faced models. I'm so tired of seeing the same unhealthy looking 'it models' with gaunt faces and scraggly weaves. Where is that publication that has a cover glossier than New African Woman's? Where is that fashion guru that celebrates my ample bosom and childbearing hips in a Jewel By Lisa ankara piece? Where is the list of shops in Johannesburg, Harare and Nairobi that stock Babatunde products? Lord knows I need a magazine that discusses issues like infertility and the challenges that women in our societites who can't bear children face? When someone finds the magazine that I am still dreaming of - do tell.

So back to Saturday------> Come 5pm-ish my tummy started telling me all sorts of things so decided to head out to Moo's salon for a whinge then cheap + cheerful dinner in Chinatown. This is what I wore.
 Dress - Country Road
Tights - Ambra
Boots - ZARA
Bag - Louis Vuitton
Jewellery - Chanel vintage earrings,
BVLGARI watch and Georg Jensen ring

The face of a hungry woman who's trying to stop a cab
 

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Firstly am VERY happy that you my dear are back on this blogging streets!!!
    Loving them Chanel babies!!!I hear you about the magazine - I dream of that one too - but maybe its time we stopped dreaming and hoping some-one did it for us and we did it ay?

    ReplyDelete